Re: [TowerTalk] Icom AH-4 Tuner

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Icom AH-4 Tuner
From: Eric - VE3GSI <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:16:50 -0500
Joe,
I do have one of those tuners, but only use it when mobile or portable. You
will find in the manual there are lengths of wire 'not' recommended for the
tuner, normally 1/2 wavelength multiples of desired frequency. Also, do an
Internet search for random wire antennas, one such link here:

http://www.hamuniverse.com/randomwireantennalengths.html

A good friend of mine also had similar issues with his remote tuner and
found changing wire lengths helped.  I also sort of remember seeing
somewhere grounding is important, length of ground is important (keep it
short) and your might even have to use a current BALUM on the coaxial feed
point to the tuner.

Good luck,
Eric - VE3GSI