[TowerTalk] Future Pull Rope?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Future Pull Rope?
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:47:06 -0800
I'm getting ready to pull wires and cables through the conduits to my new
tower, and I want to include an additional pull rope for future cables.  My
3" ID conduits will be initially very lightly loaded, so I'm sure there will
be plenty of room for extra cables later.  But I understand it is common for
a bundle of wires to twist while going through the conduit, thus wrapping
the "future" pull rope around the wires and rendering it useless for future
pulls.  Any suggestions on how to void this problem?  I was thinking maybe a
swivel on the bundle would reduce the tendency of the bundle to twist during
the pull...?

73,
Steve
N6SJ