[TowerTalk] HFTA Terrain Profiles

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HFTA Terrain Profiles
From: "Steve W3AHL" <>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 16:41:50 -0500
HFTA is easy to install and use, however some find the process of installing
MicroDem, downloading DEM files and creating the Weapons Fan radial profiles
a little intimidating.

I can provide a set of terrain profile files for your location, if that
helps.  Just e-mail me your EXACT  lat/long coordinates (preferably in
decimal degrees).  Please specify N, S, E or W for lat/long or give me a
nearby town, state, country if you're unsure.

I will e-mail you a 75KB zipped file with the radial profiles at 5 degree
intervals out to a range of 4400 meters, with a point spacing of 30m, which
is what HFTA uses.

Turn around time will depend on what other commitments I have and how many
requests I get.  The actual process only takes about 15 minutes.

If you have an older version of HFTA you might want to download the updated
instructions at:

There are also updated statistical elevation files at:    Look for the section that begins with and pick your area.

Steve, W3AHL