Re: [TowerTalk] Zoning question - Putnam County Florida

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Zoning question - Putnam County Florida
From: Mickey Baker <>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 09:03:40 -0500
You can fnd the applicable Putnam County code here.

There's also the Palatka city code on the municode site.

A quick looks shows no regulation for antenna height at the County level,
but some at the city level - check it out, it appears to exclude amateur
radio towers.

If you live in the unincorporated county, you will likely have no problems
erecting a safely engineer (to Florida Building Code, which includes wind
survivability to EIA RS 222 specific to your area!!)

You'll have no problem in Palatka in a residential zoned area for < 50'.

Florida statute guides the cities and counties. Here's a search result that
contain the state statutes:

I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, just amateur radio advice!

Mickey N4MB