Re: [TowerTalk] Lighnting Protection

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lighnting Protection
From: "" <>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 06:28:36 -0800 (PST)
I have a couple of the Array Solution lightning protection boxes and I think
that they would be a good choice for your rotator cables.  Polyphaser makes one
and I have them as well, but they are more pricey.  MOVs cost around $1 each
and you could also make your own protection circuit.

John KK9A

Subject:  [TowerTalk] Lighnting Protection
Date:  Tue, 6 Dec 2011 03:53:21 +0000 (UTC)

Whats everyone using for lightning protection for rotor cables (8 conductor)
and STEPPIR control cables (16 conductor). I'm looking at the ARRAY SOLUTIONS
sets but would like to check out all the other setups, if there are any?

Setup is 55' crankup with 4 element STEPPIR, inverted L , GS10000 Yaesu rotor
at 135' from the shack. Polyphasers on the coax and a Ameritron coax switch at
the tower.

Any help is appreciated