[TowerTalk] Non-Conductive Mast Section

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Non-Conductive Mast Section
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 10:44:34 -0800
I want to side-mount a vertically polarized long boom 2M Yagi onto Rohn
25 or Rohn  35 (slightly larger gauge, made for Motorola, that's not the
official designation). I may or may not put it on a rotator, and at
first will lock it down in the direction of the local DX club repeater.
I have another one of the same antenna that I'll mount horizontally.

What I'm looking for are:

1) An insulated mast section, as recommended by the mfr (KLM) for
vertical mounting

2) Some sort of suitable stand-off hardware or improvised method of doing it

3) Other hardware to make it work

One idea I've toyed with is even more primative -- bolt a horizontally
oriented 5 ft section of 2-in mast to the tower cross-braces, and bolt
the antenna to it. This way I don't need an insulated section,but I've
got to be quite careful about the orientation of the horizontal piece,
since it (alone) determines the antenna azimuth.  I've got the 5 ft
section of 2-in, but no suitable mounting hardware.

Thoughts?

73, Jim K9YC