Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Dial Lamp

To: "'Anthony W. DePrato'" <wa4jqs@mikrotec.com>, "'EZ Rhino'" <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>, "'Larry'" <w6nws@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Dial Lamp
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 17:48:32 -0800
I did this a while ago using a super bright LED with my G-1000 controller. I
used one LED with a 450 OHM limiting resistor (the LED package will tell you
what value resistor to use). Because the light fires out of the end of the
LED and not the side like a incandescent bulb I cut a short channel in the
plastic and inserted the LED.  I also sanded the end of the LED a bit to
defuse the light.  A fiddly job but you will see what is needed to be done
when you open the box and see where the bulb is located.

I also did the same with my Ameritron AL-1500 meters using blue LEDS, looks
good.  Only use bright white in the Yaesu Control box because of the black
background.

Like someone said you will only do this once so it is worth the hassle.

In hindsight I should have taken photos.

Mike, K6BR