[TowerTalk] Glass Insulators

To: "'towertalk'" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Glass Insulators
From: "John E. Cleeve" <>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 15:16:49 -0000

            I apologise if this is not the appropriate site, however, I will
ask the question. Does any company still manufacture the "Cornel" or "Pyrex"
style glass aerial insulators? I and most of my generation of amateurs got
their glass insulators from the WWII ex military surplus market. I was
surprised to find that those insulators now seem to be objects of "desire"
and much sought after by "collectors of glass insulators"! I still have a
few as stock, but I was seeking a fresh source of supply...  I am not keen
on the plastic types.

            Regards, John. G3JVC/GM3JVC.