Re: [TowerTalk] Frestanding Dipole Support - inexpensive

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Frestanding Dipole Support - inexpensive
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:26:04 -0700
You could also bolt on a section of fence railing to the 4X4 and get
even higher.  Higher is better.

Our 160 dipole in J6 was not good at about 20 ft above ground even with
a 200ft drop off directly in front of it.  We lashed two extension
ladders and a piece of pvp to the ladders and laid that into a tree and
the apex was up about 40ft and it worked much much better.

Mike W0MU

W0MU-1 CC Cluster