Re: [TowerTalk] Rain Water Getting Into TX-472 Motors

To: Fred Hurd <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rain Water Getting Into TX-472 Motors
From: Joe Giacobello <>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:36:42 -0800
Fred, I had a similar problem with the motor on one of my LM-470s.  On
one occasion I was having some sort of problem with the motor and
removed it from its mount.  Water immediately poured out of it.  I
allowed it to dry and reinstalled it and it has worked flawlessly since.

In talking to a former LM-470 owner from the LM-470's early days, I was
told that water getting into the motor was a common problem.  He said
that his complaints were responsible for Tri-Ex changing their motor
manufacturer an/or type.  I have two LM-470s here and have had no water
incursion problems except for the one incident above, and that seems to
have been an isolated incident.  At this moment I can't recall the motor
manufacturer or model, but I can get it for you if you'd like.

73, Joe