Re: [TowerTalk] Extending an HDX-589 while on the ground?

To: "Rich Hallman - N7TR" <rich@n7tr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Extending an HDX-589 while on the ground?
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 23:04:56 -0800
Rich Hallman - N7TR wrote:
> Has anyone extended an HDX-589 while horizontal the ground?

I have extended my HDX-5106 a considerable distance horizontally
to get to the rotator, supporting only the bottom section.
However, I would like to be able to extend it all the way
for troubleshooting a problem that occurs just before reaching
full height.  It is non trivial to support the sections other
than the bottom one as they are moving.

(An HDX-589 is the same as the top 5 sections of an HDX-5106).

Rick N6RK