Re: [TowerTalk] dissimilar metal in ground

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dissimilar metal in ground
From: Randy <>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 23:35:29 -0500
I am not conversant in the requirements of the NEC or any other
electrical codes, but, be
advised that in many/most/all installations, the copper (or galvanized)
plumbing pipe of the
home may well also be used as a "ground". Sometimes just the cold line,
but I've often seen
the hot and cold lines electrically bonded together on the lines above
the water heater here
in Florida.

I also admit ignorance as to when it was, or if it might still be
permissible, but I've seen plenty
of homes with a piece of plain steel rebar as the electrical "ground" rod.