[TowerTalk] 300 MHz Remote Switch

To: TowerTalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 300 MHz Remote Switch
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 07:56:07 -0500
Recently, on a whim, I bought one of these
thinking it might be possible to use it to switch beverages at a point
about 250 feet from my house.  I knew, of course, that the little
hand-held remote couldn't possibly reach that far, but thought maybe I
could cobble something up.

Looking at it, I'm impressed by the relay assembly, which seems very
sturdily made.  Is there any possibility, through the use of antenna
improvements on both ends, that I might be able to get the range of the
thing up to what's necessary, or would I be better off just modifying
the relay assembly as a wired switch.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
The Reverse Beacon Network at, blog at,
spots at, port 7000 AND now
at port 7000