Re: [TowerTalk] Is sealer required for top of concrete tower base ??

To: "\[TowerTalk\]" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Is sealer required for top of concrete tower base ??
From: Bob K6UJ <>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 08:42:25 -0800

Most of us just leave the tower footing alone with no problems.
The sealer really isnt necessary for a concrete foundation.
A typical usage is  for concrete floors where it is planned to paint or apply a
floor covering over the concrete.  The sealer
prevents the moisture from wicking up to the surface of the concrete.  Also a
vapor barrier is placed down before the concrete is poured to
minimize water absorption.   I think it would be best to leave it alone so it
can breathe
when it rains as you said.