Re: [TowerTalk] Used Heliax ?

To: "'F5vjc'" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Used Heliax ?
From: "Mike" <>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 09:29:45 -0800

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of F5vjc
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2011 8:45 AM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Used Heliax ?

I'm thinking to buy some used Heliax locally. I have a couple of offers, one
is LDF4-50 which I am familiar with, the other is LDF1-50 which I am not. I
have of course looked these up on the net and can find and compare the specs
of both.

This is for an HF only installation (up to 50 MHz) 150 feet in length so
losses are not my major concern. However in general is there anything to
watch out for when buying used Heliax of any type? I believe it is Andrews.
The LDF 4-50 will come with N type connectors so that is a plus, is the
LDF1-50 any use in this application?

Any advice please?

73 Deni

TowerTalk mailing list