Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Launcher

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Launcher
From: Jim Brown <>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 13:25:49 -0800
On 12/25/2011 1:04 PM, Frank wrote:
> I bet you could rent a cherry picker for a month for what that
> contraption would cost (including medical bills and lawsuits).

Quite the contrary -- the missile is a tennis ball, the cost is
moderate, and it works VERY well.  K2RD/6 brought his to my redwood
forest to help launch my first wires. Standing about 100 ft from the
base of the tree, he cleared the top of my tallest redwood (about 175
ft) by at least ten feet on the first shot.

For smaller trees (like most east of the Rockies) the Big Shot slingshot
is an excellent tool. It launches small pouches filled with sand or
small shot. It's sold by Sherrill Tree Service, in NC.

73, Jim K9YC