Re: [TowerTalk] G-1000DXA failure with lower mast clamp

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G-1000DXA failure with lower mast clamp
From: Pete Michaelis - N8TR <>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 15:50:34 -0500

Even when a rotor is mounted on a plate, the bolts can and
do fall out.  One of the best ways to prevent this  is to safety
wire the bolt heads using SS wire. For some pictures see:

Lots of safety wire information is available one-line.  Google "safety wire
bolt heads".  One can drill bolt heads using a drill press and cobalt bits if
commercially drilled ones are not available.  An excellent fastener
resource is

Carroll Smith's Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners and Plumbing Handbook. See.

73 Pete - N8TR