[TowerTalk] Outdoor soldering

To: towertalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Outdoor soldering
From: r miles <>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 18:40:51 -0500 (EST)
Not easy & in cold WX tough. I have 3 of the old  wood handle irons. The
power cords are cloth wrapped. They were my late father in laws.
Probably 150w but can they solder a PL  259 in  a wind storm in cold WX.
You might  find one at a hamfest or a second hand store. I'd never part
with  mine. They are worth their weigh in gold!

I have used a commom Burns-Matic with a solder tip. You have to really
watch it. The flame comes out two  small holes an inch or so below the
solder tip. You turn it wrong & you can melt coax and/or your SKIN!