Re: [TowerTalk] Outdoor soldering

To: "'r miles'" <>, "'towertalk'" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Outdoor soldering
From: "Mike" <>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 15:49:37 -0800
When I used the Harbor Freight Pencil Torch I took a small cardboard box up
with me, with two sides cut out.  It kept the wind out but also made it
possible to see the pencil flame so that I did not damage me or the coax:
-), very hard to see a Butane flame outside and up on the tower.  It does
work good though, just heat up the tip of the N-type pin in my case and let
the solder wick through the pinhole, would be the same for 259's.

Mike, K6BR