To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 109, Issue 5
From: "k5gak@powerc.net" <k5gak@powerc.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 22:52:14 -0700
I want to level my new US Tower HDX-589.  I put a 4'
carpenter's level on
all three legs of the base section and have levelled
them.  This is all US
Tower recommends.

Is there anything more I can do?  I have heard of
using two theodolytes with
it fully extended.  But I figure the sections must
lean a bit due to the
clearances that allow them to slide past each other.
 I don't want to tilt
the bottom section to compensate for that lean, since
different antenna
loads or wind loads will probably make it lean
different directions.

With the bottom section leveled, am I done?

73,
Steve
N6SJ

Measure the elevation of several stars around the
horizon, then plot the errors. If you get a flat line
it is vertical.