[TowerTalk] Mastrant Rope ? guy wire ?

To: "" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mastrant Rope ? guy wire ?
From: Wayne Kline <>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 12:43:15 -0500

Hi TT'ers  HNY   Planning my spring 10 meter tower antenna  5/5 35'-72'
rebuild.  The 3/16 guy wire broken up with 502 insulators   levels 32' 64'
It's in good shape but has rust wash near there attachment points  !   It's
been up 22 years in this acid  NE rain a new paint job new feed lines rebuild
the rotors .. why not new guy support.   I Was thinking of doing  Phillystran,
at least on the top layer. While researching it I stumbled across a product
Sold in the USA by   RL Electronics  in OH. Mastrant guy rope !
 TT'ers  have any experience with this stuff ? Have experience with all the old
style  and new  type  Philly stuff and the Fiber-rod.  nonconductive guying
material . But this is a new one for me.  Thanks   73's  Wayne W3EA