Re: [TowerTalk] Mastrant Rope ? guy wire ?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mastrant Rope ? guy wire ?
From: David Robbins <>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 11:57:06 -0600 (CST)
thats just a polyester rope not a tower guy material unless you need it for a
temporary field day type tower.

Jan 3, 2012 12:43:42 PM, wrote:

Hi TT'ers HNY Planning my spring 10 meter tower antenna 5/5 35'-72' rebuild.
The 3/16 guy wire broken up with 502 insulators levels 32' 64' It's in good
shape but has rust wash near there attachment points ! It's been up 22 years in
this acid NE rain a new paint job new feed lines rebuild the rotors .. why not
new guy support. I Was thinking of doing Phillystran, at least on the top
layer. While researching it I stumbled across a product Sold in the USA by RL
Electronics in OH. Mastrant guy rope !
 TT'ers have any experience with this stuff ? Have experience with all the old
style and new type Philly stuff and the Fiber-rod. nonconductive guying
material . But this is a new one for me. Thanks 73's Wayne W3EA