Re: [TowerTalk] How accurate are iPhone Compass apps?

To: K8RI <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How accurate are iPhone Compass apps?
From: Kevin Normoyle <>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 15:52:25 -0800
interesting. I didn't realize that.
My Garmin Vista H has electronic compass separate from GPS. (not all Garmin do)
so it has some kind of magnetic sensors.

I know I can turn it on and off separately, to save battery power.

I guess I'm not sure why some have additional sensors if it's possible to be as
accurate, with no movement, from GPS.