Re: [TowerTalk] Copper strap bonding ideas?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Copper strap bonding ideas?
From: Jim Brown <>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 01:33:25 -0800
On 1/12/2012 9:11 PM, John W wrote:
> My instincts tell me two conflicting things:  "inside is bad, outside is
> good", vs. "short is good, long is bad".

Yep. But mother nature WILL take the path she likes, making whatever
mess she chooses along the way. Faced with that choice in the building
that houses my shack, I did both -- rods around the building perimeter
connected by #4 to the shack ground and the breaker panel, and steel
conduit from the breaker through the building to the shack.  Neither
path is as short as I would like, but the objective is to keep the whole
building as close as possible to the same potential.

And I completely agree with Jim Lux's comments.

73, Jim K9YC