Re: [TowerTalk] PL259 Insertion Loss?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL259 Insertion Loss?
From: K8RI <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 04:08:57 -0500
>> This cannot happen with the UHF family of connectors.
> That large, fixed center pin is about the only thing they did get right
> :-)
Remember that the UHF connector design is probably one of the very first
coax cable connectors designed.  Did we even know about impedance bumps
and insertion loss back then?  I have to add that a 0.3 deb insertion
loss is unlikely to overheat a connector as it is not a resistive loss
in the connector.  OTOH I don't think I've seen a UHF connector even in
bad shape that had that much insertion loss at HF.

Roger (K8RI)