Re: [TowerTalk] Safe to buy 45G with a broken weld or bent

To: <>, "" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Safe to buy 45G with a broken weld or bent
From: Wayne Kline <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:08:53 -0500
Jim. most of the time I repaired a rung or welded a brace or bracket to a
tubular tower leg. it was close to the top or bottom of a section.  i have done
two things. First and foremost I use a spray weld through primer, I spray on
the inside of the tube no
affiliation with them  just use them for my other sickness . I then some times
use cold galvanizing with a gun cleaning tool.  with a screw on swab ( shot gun
the best)
dipped in cold galvanize product ( read rich in Zink) and  over coat  the area
below and above the weld . YMMV    73's Wayne W3EA