[TowerTalk] Safety of unguyed tower

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Safety of unguyed tower
From: "Doug Ronald" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 18:04:01 -0800
> I have seen heavy duty gin poles capable of lifting heavy tower sections,
but I have never found a place that sold them.

>Where are they commercially available?

That was my first problem - the vendor no longer supplies them. Commercial
TV tower suppliers have them, but the cost is out-of-sight.  I was on my own
to fabricate the gin pole.

>Telex / Hy-Gain made a dual tower system model T-3002 that sounds similar.

>The mast was in-between the towers and the rotator was installed at the

>and there were guy wires at the top of the tower.  Without knowing

>it's hard to determine if it's safe to install up to the guy point or if

>guys are needed.

That is the product I have, a T-3002FA now from the company that bought-out
Telex, U S Antenna Products. The antenna itself is the LP1005AA Log