[TowerTalk] Safety of unguyed tower

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Safety of unguyed tower
From: "Doug Ronald" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 20:36:49 -0800
> Why would you want this antenna for ham radio?  What is the "value
proposition" or "cost vs benefit"?  What is the design goal?

Answer: Freedom from antenna frequency dependence! I don't care if the gain
is only equivalent to a 3 element Yagi, there's no tuning to resonance, a
VSWR that is always less than 2:1, and a proven design the military and FAA
have used for decades. Esthetically, I really like the looks of this

I'm not the only amateur with this antenna. VE6FI has a similar one; locate
a picture here: