[TowerTalk] 2nd Rotor Shelf TX-455

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2nd Rotor Shelf TX-455
From: "John Hudson" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:20:00 -0600
I just purchased a new TX-455 in August 2011 and it's installed with a 4L
30/40m Steppir with a Tilt Plate and a 22' chrome molly 2" mast. The rotor
shelf is apprx 5' into the tower and I have 17' sticking out. Now this adds
a pretty good load on the tower when raising and lowering. I want to drop
the rotor about 5 more feet into the tower but US Tower offers no accessory
shelf. The TX-455 bracings are slanted and not horizontal like Rohn tower

Has anyone added a 2 shelf other than wielding something place?