Re: [TowerTalk] 2nd Rotor Shelf TX-455

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2nd Rotor Shelf TX-455
From: "" <>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 04:56:05 -0800 (PST)
A mast 5' into the tower is very sufficient.  You don't have to mount your
antenna at the top of the mast!

John KK9A

To:  <>
Subject:  [TowerTalk] 2nd Rotor Shelf TX-455
From:  "John Hudson"
Date:  Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:20:00 -0600

I just purchased a new TX-455 in August 2011 and it's installed with a 4L
30/40m Steppir with a Tilt Plate and a 22' chrome molly 2" mast. The rotor
shelf is apprx 5' into the tower and I have 17' sticking out. Now this adds
a pretty good load on the tower when raising and lowering. I want to drop
the rotor about 5 more feet into the tower but US Tower offers no accessory
shelf. The TX-455 bracings are slanted and not horizontal like Rohn tower

Has anyone added a 2 shelf other than wielding something place?