[TowerTalk] Tower Load analysis

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Load analysis
From: Gary Slagel <gdslagel@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 08:51:08 -0800 (PST)
Hello guys,

I've got a new triex wt-51 tower with a 13 foot windload rating at 85mph.
I'd like to put a 5.5 ft a4s tribander at 51' and a 5.5 ft 40M yagi at 56' on a
10' mast on the tower.  My best analysis makes me think that, counting mast and
rotor, I'd have the the tower overloaded by about 5%.  I'm sure that analysis
could be argued but my question is.....

I'm thinking I'll crank the tower down to about 40' for normal use and crank it
up to full height for contests.  Do you think cranking it down 10' will make up
for the 5% overload on the tower?  Are there better ways to handle it?

Thanks for your input.

Gary/N0SXX