Re: [TowerTalk] Ham II Control Box

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham II Control Box
From: "Jim Hargrave" <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:22:44 -0600

The Zener is a 13v. However it will work with a 12v which is easier to find.
The actual voltage is not critical as long as it will calibrate. You can add
a 1N4000 diode in series with the Zener if you need a little more voltage.

I removed R2 (180 ohm) and the zener and replaced them with a 7812 when I
installed the RotorEZ interface. It provides a little better regulation. You
can also add a 1N4000 on the ground side of the 7812 and it will raise the
voltage to about 13.2v.

Another advantage: the 7812 will provide sufficient current to support a
couple of LED's for the meter light if your dial light burns out.

    73s de Jim