[TowerTalk] Weird Yaesu G-1000DXA

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Weird Yaesu G-1000DXA
From: "Joe Dubeck" <>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 08:02:51 -0600
I had the same thing happening with a Create rotator. Replacing the cable
didn't help and then discovered that the in-line PolyPhaser IS-RCT-J2 Rotor
Control lightening protector up top was full of water. Taking it out of the
control line circuit cured the problem. I see that newer models of that
PolyPhaser device have silicon sealer around the terminal strips.
-Joe, NA9A
KK9A has it right - I have used G-1000 and G-800 rotators for 15 years.
I have Jones plugs on my entry panel for a lightning disconnect, and
periodically they get flakey and produce exactly the symptoms that are
described.  The cure, for me at least, has been to apply Caig Labs
contact cleaner/improver to the plugs.  I have not had any problems with
the rotator-end connectors, thank goodness.
73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
The Reverse Beacon Network at, blog at,
spots at, port 7000 and, port 7000