Re: [TowerTalk] WrenchLok Ground Connectors

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WrenchLok Ground Connectors
From: K8RI <>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:36:16 -0500
On 1/29/2012 12:36 PM, Jim Lux wrote:
> On 1/29/12 8:05 AM, EZ Rhino wrote:
>> Those look nice, but a quick google search didn't reveal any pricing.  I'm
>> thinking they are pretty expensive; not sure it would yield a savings over
>> other methods (exothermic).
> I think that they're really used for places where exothermic doesn't
> work (fire hazard, etc.), or because they're easier and faster to use.
>    In a commercial application, the cost of the widget is often a small
> fraction of the worker's wages.  Apprentices make about $30 an hour, and
> by the time you stack all the benefits and stuff on top of it, the
> contractor is probably paying over $60/hr.  Something that takes 5
> minutes to install instead of 10 minutes will save $5 in labor.
And in many areas the "recharge rate" includes time to and from the shop.
Back when I was a tech, our recharge rate "within the plant" that we
worked for was about double our wages.
I think when we filled out our time cards (we were salary-non exempt IE
we were paid overtime) the smallest increment was a half hour.

Roger (K8RI)