Re: [TowerTalk] Swinging Gate Side Mount - Additional Turning Radius?

To: "Richard Thorne" <>, "Towertalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Swinging Gate Side Mount - Additional Turning Radius?
From: "Jim W7RY" <>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 16:22:51 -0800
I don't like the swinging gate from IIX. Here's why.  The mounts only clamps
to ONE leg of the tower. You have to tighten the U bolts too tight to get
the mount not to turn. This puts way too much pressure onto the leg.

I like a design that I found here:  It Uses
angle iron to connect to two legs of the tower. There is no possibility of
slippage so you don't have to over tighten the U bolts.

And with this design, you don't really need a "gate" you get plenty of swing
with this arrangement.

I'm going to build my own based on the above design.

Jim W7RY