[TowerTalk] An easy question for the experts on this list

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] An easy question for the experts on this list
From: "K. Alan Robbins" <lnmoose@chartermi.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 14:27:26 -0500
Long time lurker first time poster.

I have an old Cushcraft AR6 Ringo for 6m, that matches at the top end of the
band but not the bottom.  Being short of cash but long on junk box parts, I
am faced with two options:

1) Make the vertical radiator longer to try and get it down to the bottom of
the band

2) Sell the antenna, and some other junk on Ebay and buy one of those square
loop deals

Opinions?  My 6m powerhouse station is an Alinco DX-70 spare radio at 10w so
I'm not expecting to win any awards, just want an antenna on that band
that's a little better than a dipole.

73 de W8VCK, Alan in Michigan