Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing Gear

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing Gear
From: David Robbins <>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 06:30:42 -0600 (CST)
i don't like steel toes that much for climbing... the problem i have had with
them is on rohn 25 pointy tops sometimes i would have to cram one foot in
between the rotor and tower or in the small gaps and the steel toes either got
stuck or wouldn't fit well.

Feb 6, 2012 04:29:29 PM, wrote:

On 2/6/2012 3:27 PM, David Robbins wrote:
> In my opinion the most important thing is a steel shank. A hard stiff sole
> also helps. A good heel notch as opposed to a flat bottom is also necessary.
As long as you are going for work boots don't forget steel toes which
are included in most work boots. Make sure they are comfortable.

Roger (K8RI)