Re: [TowerTalk] ground plates (was DXE Patents)

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground plates (was DXE Patents)
From: Ken <>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:15:19 -0500
On Feb 10, 2012, at 3:44 PM, Jim Lux wrote:

> or if you're into soldering, what about gathering all the bare ends of
> the wires together, shoving them into a short length of copper pipe
> (like a coupling), and flood the whole thing with suitable hard solder.

Good idea.  I would suggest crimping the copper pipe (hammer it down) on the
wires before soldering.

As for those concerned that copper will deteriorate in the ground:  if that's a
problem, the ground wires will disappear first!

As for solder crumbling in the atmosphere:  I have never noticed it on my
antenna wires.   It's my understanding that roofers solder copper roofing.