[TowerTalk] HFTA DEM data

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HFTA DEM data
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 17:17:04 -0800
I see that the SRTM data is available in a fairly simple "FTP with
defined directory structure and naming convention" now.. (technically
HTTP, but it works the same)

http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/srtm/cbanddataproducts.html
http://dds.cr.usgs.gov/srtm/

without having to go through the "seamless server" thing..

With that in mind, it should be possible to put together a program which
retrieves it and generates profiles fairly easily.

I'll ask the guys at work who know such things whether it's likely to be
available in this format for the foreseeable future.