Re: [TowerTalk] high tension power line noise...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] high tension power line noise...
From: "Bill Feissner" <ai3q@pa.metrocast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:11:54 -0400
I have a 500 kv line about 170 yards from my 2 towers and 80 meter verticle,
here in Pa, comes from the Berwick nuke plant going to N.J. Have never had a
problem since it was installed in the 80's. Usually once a month the helicopter
checks the line, and yearly the guy in the choper works on the insulators that
need work, also the gondola car rides the line I believe yearly. No noise even
on wet days to speak of from 160 to 10 meters. Towers are single pole rusty
looking things that were the new design back then. My guess is that it all
depends on the power company maintenance. Good luck.
Bill Feissner, AI3Q