Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn tower installation specifications

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn tower installation specifications
From: Jeff Goldman <k3dua@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 15:57:55 -0400
Imagine this.  If the house bracket is perfect and has an infinite
holding power, and the tower is perfect, and infinitely strong, then
if there is a sideways force at the top of the tower (from the wind
blowing on the antennas and mast and everything above the house
bracket), the result will be a sideways force at the bottom.   Think
about a see-saw with a balance point  (the pivot point or fulcrum) in
the middle.  Your house bracket is the fulcrum for the tower's
installation.

You need BOTH, a strong immovable base AND a strong mounting point for
the house bracket.

Yes, there is a CYA from Rohn's standpoint, but they know what they
are doing.   Follow the manufacturer's directions.

Jeff, K3DUA