[TowerTalk] flexible mast coupling

To: Towertalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] flexible mast coupling
From: Bob K6UJ <>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:27:36 -0700
As I see my stack of beams swinging back and forth in the wind I am thinking
about adding a flexible shaft coupling above the rotor
to absorb the shock,  I have read somewhere about using automotive drive shaft
flex couplings and adapt them to clamp on to
our 2" masts.  I used to have one of Bill Orr, W6SAI books on antennas and if I
remember right he used one for a Volvo, and it
had a rubber donut between two flanges.  Anyone make a flexible coupler for
their mast and would share what you used ?