Re: [TowerTalk] HAM IV Slippage

To: Ken Eigsti <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HAM IV Slippage
From: Dan Hearn <>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 15:22:03 -0700
I have been using baler belting in a similar manner with my G1000SDX. It is
available at farm stores by the foot and is very reasonable. I paid a
dollar a foot or so 12 years ago at a nearby farm store when I lived in
Plano Texas. It is about 1/4 inch thick and is similar to the sidewall of a
tire. Tough stuff. I cut 2 pads from it, one for each clamp jaw.
   I now live in Wa so not sure where to get it but a Google search shows
lots of sources. The antennas on that TX472 are a F12 4el 20 and a 2 el 40
with a 5 el 6 above that.