Re: [TowerTalk] Coax

To: towertalk <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax
From: Steve Maki <>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 19:13:13 -0400
On 4/8/2012 1:46 PM, Bob Ad5vj wrote:
> I bought off Ebay 100' of '400' 50ohm coax. Thinking it was LMR-400.
>   This has got to be the stiffiest, lightest weight, cheapest connector, crap
> i have laid my hands on.
> Where can i buy REAL LMR400 coax?
> Bob AD5VJ

I've used thousands of feet of the 400 knockoffs (including the Shireen
version at c. .35/ft) as well as Times LMR400, and they are all
virtually identical, and that includes sweep tests through 2 GHZ.

The tough jacket makes it stiff, but that's only a consideration for
rotor loops and crank-up towers. It's good 3/8" coax for everything else...

-Steve K8LX