Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor bolts for LM470

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor bolts for LM470
From: "EZ" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 07:54:23 -0600

 In theory and if you followed the tower mfg. directions, the top of the
 concrete pad will be crowned and water will not be trapped around the
 protruding anchor bolts.  Before I poured concrete, I painted the top of
 bolts (threaded portion) with etching primer.  After my tower was
 I wet down the top of the bolts, nuts, etc. with WD40 and made some cheap
 covers out of short lengths of PVC and PVC end caps.  Water stays off the
 bolts now and the oil keeps them from rusting.  Once a year I recoat with
 WD40, and they look as new as when they were installed.