[TowerTalk] Coax ground braid

To: TowerTalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax ground braid
From: Bob Ad5vj <>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:08:38 -0500
I needed to run a flat ground braid for my shack for a common ground.

Instead of buying one I have ripped one of my RG-11 coax stubbs planning to use
the shield from it for the flat copper braid.

In doing so, after removing the outer jacket I see places where the copper is
black in some areas. Some places as much as a foot long.

1. Will this hurt the conductivity as a ground braid assuning I clean it up
where I make contact from the equipment?

2. Has anyone seen this before?

3. Does this mean I need to changeout all my 3yr old coax outside which came
off the same roll at the same time?

tnx Bob AD5VJ

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G