Re: [TowerTalk] strange wattmeter reading on beam

To: "Jim in Waco wb5oxq" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] strange wattmeter reading on beam
From: "Jim Hargrave" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 19:55:03 -0500

This sounds like parasitic oscillation. The frequency may be at a frequency
the wattmeter can't handle. Or perhaps a resonance in the wattmeter itself.
I would first try another wattmeter.
What Amp are you using?
Check all your coax connections. Perhaps a loose connection that opens up
when the power is applied.

    73s de Jim