Re: [TowerTalk] Low Pass Filters: Are They Of Any Use Today ?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Low Pass Filters: Are They Of Any Use Today ?
From: K8RI <>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 02:06:42 -0400
On 4/16/2012 3:20 PM, Richard Solomon wrote:
> Given that the vast majority of TV's are on Satellite or Cable, is their
> anything to gain by sticking a Low Pass Filter in the Transmission Line ?

There are still a lot of OTA TVs out there.  For the lucky many areas
don't have stations left in LOW VHF.   In Central Michigan we do and are
in the fringe areas for a number of low VHF stations. At the other end
2-meters can do a real job on channel 12 if there is an antenna close to
you.  The only TVI I ever had was 2-meters getting into a neighbors set.
I gave him a good directional TV antenna and that was the end of the

Roger (K8RI)