Re: [TowerTalk] Boots

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Boots
From: Tim Jellison <w3yq@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:43:47 -0800
Steel-toe work boots are highly recommended - any kind you like.  They are
required when climbing commercially nowadays, as is a hard hat and safety
glasses.  Don't be an 'amateur' when it comes to safety.  These things are
required for a reason.  So if you're going to climb, spend the money on the
proper equipment and be safe.
So far, the hard hat and safety glasses have proven their value to me while
climbing.  I've had things hit my helmet many times and I had a piece of steel
fly into my glasses once while grinding off a seized bolt (would have lost my
eye had I not had glasses on).  I've not had anything land on my feet yet, but
it's just a matter of time I'm sure...
73,
Tim W3YQ / KL7WV