Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balun Recommendation
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:55:26 +0100
David,

For a fixed feedline Zo, a change in SWR *always* indicates a changed
load impedance; and a change in load impedance always causes a change in
choke dissipation unless the system is perfectly balanced, in which case
you don't need a choke.

So, the only case where there is no relationship between SWR and choke
dissipation is one of perfect balance, which I have yet to encounter in
a practical antenna system.

73,
Steve G3TXQ